The WeGotTickets INDIE50 is a new campaign dedicated to celebrating the unsung heroes of the UK’s independent music scene. Whether a promoter, manager, booker, sound engineer, journalist or even the door person at your local venue, we want to shine a light on the people who work tirelessly towards advancing the UK’s indie live scene, and help to make it one of the most fertile in the world.
From gig-going fans, to the artists on stage, we invite nominations from everyone who’s got an opinion on their local scene. After the nomination period, submissions will be turned over to our Expert Judging Panel, namely Tom Ravenscroft (BBC6 Music), Laura Snapes (Pitchfork, The Guardian), Jason Edwards (Coda Music Agency), Kevin Moore (Director, The Great Escape), Stephen Bass (Owner, Moshi Moshi Records) and Dave Newton (Founder, WeGotTickets) who will collectively decide the final 50, to be announced in August 2016.
Some names might not be familiar to everyone, but their contributions will have been felt by many. Every breaking artist has at one time been championed by someone close to home. It’s these people and their efforts in the face of an ever more aggressive market that warrant recognition beyond a local level, and we’re here to give it.
- Champion influential individuals furthering live music at grassroots level
- Recognise those that have made an impact on a specific local scene
- Celebrate individuals that have been active over a long period of time
- Award those that provide a platform for breaking talent
- Shine a light on those that operate outside of major organisations
- Praise loyalty, independence and integrity
Press enquiries: email@example.com