This is your chance to nominate an individual that you think deserves to be recognised for their contribution to the UK’s live music scene at a grassroots level.
Whether a manager, writer, sound engineer, promoter, or stage manager the INDIE50 looks to celebrate the people flying the flag for independence in your local scene.
Got someone in mind? Just fill in the form below and let us know why you think this person should be involved in the INDIE50 and give them the recognition you think they deserve.
Nominations will close on the 31st May after which 50 individuals will be selected by the INDIE50 Expert Panel.
Terms and Conditions for WeGotTickets’ INDIE50
1. The nomination process will be open between Wednesday 23rd March and Tuesday 31st May 2016.
2. Nominations are only open to UK residents aged 16 years or over.
3. Entrants are free to nominate themselves and/or somebody else.
4. An online form must be completed and submitted for each nomination. You can nominate more than one person but a new form is required for each nomination.
5. Entries which are incomplete or incorrectly completed may be disqualified.
6. Entries can only be submitted online via the designated online entry process.
7. All nominations must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 31st May, and entries after this time will not be considered.
1. The INDIE50 judging panel will draw up a shortlist from all the nominations submitted, with all nominations deliberated in equal measure.
2. Those on the shortlist may be contacted to clarify that they;
– Consent to being chosen for the final INDIE50
– Agree to these Terms and Conditions
– Agree that the information submitted via this process can be used by WeGotTickets and the INDIE50
3. The judging panel will identify the finalists from the shortlist.
4. It is at the judges discretion whether details of the shortlist will be made public.
5. Details of the judging panel can be founds on the ‘Judges’ page of this site.
6. The judges will take into consideration the number of nominations any individual receives and the comments made by voters, but the judges’ decision will be final.
The Final INDIE50
1. WeGotTickets will only contact the individuals chosen for the final INDIE50. If you have not heard by August 2016 then please assume that you/your nomination has not made it into the final 50 this year.
2. Entrants who have been nominated and chosen for the final INDIE50 will be notified by email of receipt of their nomination. If the entrant has been nominated by another party and does not wish to be involved they must contact WeGotTickets within 14 days of the receipt of that email.
3. Finalists will only be notified via email or telephone.
4. Finalists may be requested to take part in promotional activity and WeGotTickets INDIE50 reserves the right to use the names of winners in publicity materials both in print and online.
5. All winners will be required to co-operate with the designated photographer or reporter to publicise their position in the INDIE50 as WeGotTickets deems appropriate.
1. WeGotTickets reserves the right to: (i) vary these Terms, including but not limited to, opening and close times of the awards nominations; (ii) disqualify any nomination that breaches the rules or is fraudulent in any way; and (iii) cancel the awards, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
2. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.